Sunday 22 April 2007

The light at the end of the tunnel getting brighter

Finally have time to update my journal. Since i was last here we have had a few parties to go to, lots of work & some good news.

Last saturday my friend from work got married & we went to the evening party, as all brides should she looked fantastic & happier than I think I have ever seen her. Unfortunately we couldn't stay too long because it was also Nic's mums 50th party. Yet again Jack was passed around everybody, we had some fireworks which he loved watching. Nic went out with her friend after the party so I brought Jack home & he went straight to sleep.

Jack's been really good the last couple of weekends, he generally sleeps for 6 or 7 hours before waking for another feed, friday night he went to sleep about 9.30pm & didn't wake until 5.15am. I am well impressed with his sleeping ability, during the day mind you he has been a bit of a screamy little bugger! Nic took him to the clinic on tuesday & he weighed 12lbs 2 ounces, what a little porker. On friday he had the first 2 immunisations & apparently apart from a scream when he was first stuck with the needle he was really good.

Yesterday my mum came over to see us, she spent the whole time looking after Jack & it was great to see him spenidng time with his other nanny. It's not too far for me to drive to loughborough and see my mum but I obviously have other things to do like housework & shopping so I can't go over every week & Jack see's Nic's parents nearly every week so i will try to let him see my mum whenever we can. I hadn't gone to see her before now because Nic won't go on the train, she says it's too much hassle with Jack because of everything we have to take. But this week I had my car sorted, it failed the MOT so I had to have a bit of work done to get it through, now though its all done.

Talking of my car the good news I had this week is that I should finally be getting a cheque for damages following on from my accident back in 2003 ( you may remember my entry last year when I finally had my day in court ). It's only taken about 4 years!! I have an appointment next saturday with a financial advisor at my bank, I want the money invested in the best possible way as this will form a very large chunk of capital to help us move to Spain. We have been spending more time looking at our options as we can see our dream becoming reality in the near future. It may still take a few years to find somehting we can afford & that suits our requirements but at least we can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. Nic's parents are off to Mallorca next month & they have said they are going to seriously look at properties while they are there because they too want a better life away from england. If they find somewhere we have the added possibility of staying with them so we are nearer to mainland spain & that will make it easier to find permanent jobs & a decent home. Everytime I think about it I hate having to keep living here until we get something sorted but we are going to do this properly so no going out no holiday & getting bar jobs as we obviously need to be able to provide for Jack as well as ourselves so we need decent jobs & a decent, child friendly place to live.

Thats enough for now, i'm off to have a shave & shower before 24 comes on, stay safe....VampJack x  

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how lovely....moving to Spain.  I envy you.  Little Jack will grow up bilingual.  Hope you will be taking your 'puter with you though!  Eileenx

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best of luck finding a home... it is a big deal once you start having kids!  Have you ever been to Gaz' blog?  He is in England but owns a place in Spain too...

be well,
Dawn
http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

Anonymous said...

Stopping off to say hello!  Haven't been here in a while.  Good to know things are doing well and that baby is thriving.  I was surprised that you're considering a move to Spain until I started researching a trip abroad and found out how expensive it is to live in England.  I was going to stop over there but our dollar is in the gutter compared to the pound. I can't blame you for wanting to live in a place where you can have more for your money.  Give Baby Jack a snuggle for me.
Hugs,  Kathy
http://journals.aol.com/kaydeejay5449/Yadayadayada/
P.S.  I was checking my journal and realized I'd never added you as a reader.  I apologize profusely and I've fixed that so if you ever want to stop by and see what this old hag writes about, please do. <wink>