Friday 21 March 2008

Go To Hell AOL 2 (sorry for stealing your title Mr Brainwhispers)

I have had enough, so aol is going.

I am so sick of aol's crappy service that I have made the call. On wednesday after yet another day without internet (aol advised this was a general broadband outage not just aol but tough) I called aol. The woman I spoke to was in an indian call centre (no surprises there) & once she realised that she had absolutely no chance of changing my mind she told me that as I was still under contract she would not cancel my service. I asked to speak to her manager (which I am legally entitled to do) she refused point blank & when I demanded she put me on to someone more senior she accused me of not understanding english....thats right, she said I did not understand english, this coming from some clueless halfwit in india!!

She then dumped my call through to customer services, a  manager tried to go through to cancellations but the call queue was closed. I called again yesterday & got to speak to someone in Ireland (a big shock I can assure you), the guy passed me through to his manager after explaining the situation so I did not have to repeat myself. The manager asked if I would give him the opportunity to put the problems right but I told him my patience had run out & as the problems with aol are intermittent he may resolve it but I have no confidence in it not going wrong again next week. He has agreed to cancel my account despite the fact that I am stll under contract, perhaps the fact that I have spoken to trading standards & ofcom had something to do with it but I have got what I wanted.

 

Over the last (nearly) 2 years I have made some friends in j'land & I will be sad to end my time here but I cannot put up with aol's abysmal service any longer. I am not sure yet which broadband provider I will go with but at least it won't be aol. As my journal is on a user account set up as an extra account & not my  main aol account I may still be able to continue this journal, if not then I'm afraid it is goodbye from me & goodbye from him (Jack!).

Take care all...VampJack x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww have just read about your probs with AOL........lots are leaving and I think I will be friendless at this rate.  I have had intermittent problems with being cut off etc and, though they seem concerned when I ring they aren't able to do anything at all, just blame BT.  Try to stay in touch with jland, I will miss hearing about Jack's progress.........probably the next time I hear he will be starting school (senior!) or, even worse will be at Uni.  Take care and look after your wonderful family.  If you are able to keep in touch, so much the better. Love to your family and I hope the future is great for you all. Eileen x

Anonymous said...

I still havent cancelled my account. I had completely forgotten.
Thanks for reminding me.
AOL is a load of cock.
:O)

Anonymous said...

Well, pooh.  I'm going to miss checking in and following your little guy's growth and changes.  I understand, though.  If you're not getting the service you are paying for then it's time to change.  I will hope that you can continue posting to your journal.

If we lose you, take good care and enjoy your little guy.  My baby is graduating from college on May 17 and it seems like yesterday she was a toddler.  It goes too fast.

Take care.

Kathy