Tuesday 27 February 2007

Last night Jack was crying all night, he would not let me feed him so although it was my night shift Nic had to take over. It was a horrible feeling knowing Jack wouldn't feed for me, he just kept spitting it out when I fed him. I felt like I was letting him down & letting Nic down because she ended up taking over & I slept from 6:30am to 1:30pm. Tonight I will try again & hopefully Jack will be a good boy, I know its not his fault but it just makes life hard for all of us...so fingers crossed for tonight.

Today some of Nic's workmates came round with loads of stuff for jack & also some choccies for us, woohoo. Why don't more people remember the parents as well as the baby? Nic's parents even got a bottle of champagne fron some friends for being grandparents again - where the hell was our bottle?

Right off to do the ironing now while Nic gets an early night, very modern man me, I do all sorts of housework. Night night all...VampJack x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're not letting anyone down m'dear, it will all sort itself out, you'll see.  
:o)
Sara   x

Anonymous said...

He'll get the hang of it and pretty soon he'll see the bottle, lerch forward and chomp down on the nipple before you can get it in his mouth.  LOL  They get to be little piggies real quick.  You are a great dad.  My husband would nudge me, say, "The baby is crying," and the go back to sleep.  LOL  Hang in there.
Hugs,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

This is just how I remember the first few days too. . .you will soon settle in to a routine .I know you feel like you are letting Jack down but thats how little babies are. . .hope you have a better night.

Anonymous said...

Well if you think about it...for 9 mo he never had to even contemplate asking for food before! HA! He never had to worry about stinky diapers or being cold etc. This is all new for him. He didn't sign up for this world! HA! Did you know newborns actually remember the scent of their mothers! He'll get to know you too soon. It goes by all too fast so just remember to enjoy it. There are many who can't so keep that in mind!