Monday 26 February 2007

Life without sleep

So here we are again, 2 nights of very little sleep & i'm still not freaking out - what the hell is wrong with me. Maybe it's because friday was the greatest day of my life, no matter how long I live & no matter what I achieve nothing will ever beat friday. 

I went to pick Nic & Jack up from the hospital on saturday afternoon about 3:30, little Jack never made a sound all the way home ( which if you've ever driven in Coventry you will know is amazing as we must have the most disgracefully under maintained roads in the world, & trust me I have driven on mountain roads in greece & Spain so I know about bad roads ). Once we got him indoors he slept most of the afternoon on my lap, mind you once we went to bed it was a different matter. I know he is only a baby but why can't babies come with properly functioning body clocks? He wakes at least every hour & a half, usually more often. He either wants a feed, or a cuddle, or his nappy changing. Nic & I have sorted out a rota, one of us does the night shift & then gets to sleep til lunch the next day when the other person takes over. I have forgotten what sleep is already!

Sunday Nic's parents brought us sunday dinner, they only live up the road so they did a really nice roast chicken dinner & drove down here with our dinners plated up. I know they wanted to see their new grandson but it was really nice of them to think of us in this way, knowing we'd both be totally knackered & not in any mood to cook a roast dinner. They didn't stay too long which was nice that they gave us the space we need with Jack to get on with figuring out how to be parents. We also had our friend E come & see us yesterday, C came to see us today & my mum is coming over on wednesday. We will also have numerous other friends & relatives popping in over the next few weeks no doubt, my sister is unable to visit at the moment as they are having to sort things for an imminent house move but at least the new house is nearer than where they are now. Both my nephews are desperate to meet their new cousin which is so sweet. Although we have had a few visitors all our friends have been great & not crowded us, even the most irresponsible of our friends has said they will wait til later to visit so we can have some time to ourselves & it is so welcome that people are giving us this time. It still feels kind of surreal having our own baby, we are learning all sorts of things ( such as how many times the washing machine will have to go on ) & although we know we will make mistakes it is an adventure we are both more than happy to embark upon.

You will all be pleased to hear that so far my lovely son has managed to pee on me when I was changing his nappy ( yes I have changed nappies already ), he has also puked on me & I have already had to change a very messy pooey nappy & I gotta tell you, from the state of the nappy I don't think my son is human!! It was gross!!

Time to go, just gave Jack his first bath at home & now its my turn to head for the shower. Before I go I want to say a big THANK YOU to all of you that have either left messages to congratulate us or sent me emails, your kind words do mean a lot. I want to say a special Thank You to Kathy for the wonderful gifts she sent, we love them ( & as Nic knows I read other journals & leave comments she thinks the gift is from someone who's journal I read, she probably does know about this journal but just pretends not to!! ). I have deliberately only put 1 picture on with Nic, as she does not know ( maybe ) about this journal I don't think its's fair to add pictures of her on here for public viewing. Hope you like the pictures.

Good night all......VampJack x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww!!! Hes lovely!! What great photos of you and Nic. . its so nice to see you.I am sure you will make great parents.I will always remember the time I came home with my first born. . it was chaos!! Lol.We were knackered and like slaves to this tiny baby.You will look back on this time and laugh believe me. Jack is a lucky little lad to have you two as parents. . . sending you all good wishes.Thank you for sharing these photos.

Anonymous said...

He is so precious, you must be so proud.  (The nappy thing, you ain't seen nuthin yet, he he)
x Lynbo x

Anonymous said...

Hey, we get to see you new baby Jack and Daddy VampJack too.....what gorgeous hunks you are!!
Glad you're enjoying it.....you get used to the seep deprivation after a while, it becomes the norm!
love Phoenix

Anonymous said...

ahw hes lovely - what a handsome little chap.

Hugs to the new family

Stacey xx

Anonymous said...

Well, needless to say, he is absolutely the most handsome baby boy every born!  He does look like his daddy, but he has more hair!  He'll get his schedule set soon and you will, I promise sleep again,   someday.  LOL  Give him kisses.
Hugs & Love,  Kathy

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!! This is what happens when you don't turn your pc on for days!! HUGE CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!! Can't believe I missed the announcement!! I'll be late for my own funeral me!! He is beautiful, welcome to the world Master Jack! Enjoy him. Julie xxxxxxxxxxxxx kisses for wee man!

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you and your Nic :o)
And of course, little Jack is adoreable!!
Pee poo and puke... best get used to that, chuckle.
:o)
Sara   x