Monday 23 February 2009

So my son Jack is 2 years old today, we decided not to have a party this year, was just to be us and the grandparents popping in for cake and to sing happy birthday. That was the plan... it then became having cake at grandparents as Nic's friend is a photographer and was coming to take some pics...the grandparents hous eis bigger than ours so more room to have decent pics taken.
Now what should be a very happy day for me became a day to seriously think about having to go back on anti-depressants. We went to Jam Jam;s this morning which was great but then when we got to nic's parents house several of nic's friends had been invited, the photo's were of Jack & everyone...but me! Nic made me feel about as welcome as a dose of the clap at my own son's birthday.
I am trying really hard to keep my family together but right now I am seriously thinking it might be worth all the hassle of being a single parent because I am in need of something to prove to me my life is really worth it right now. I spent a long time on anti-depressants years ago and i seem to be heading down the same path again.

2 comments:

sparkx said...

There's nothing wrong with antidepressents, short term, if they help lift you through bad times. I myself have never taken them, no particular reason, I just know that my life ebbs and flows, and thankfully after low times there is usually a time of okayness.
Of course I can't comment on your relationship, but I have been in similar circumstances, and soemtimes you have to follow your heart. If it's making you that miserable then maybe some life changes are in order. How about a trial seperation, see how things go?
All this, coming from me, lol. Should follow some of my own advice eh!
x Lynbo x

Anonymous said...

Well Happy Birthday to the wee boy.

Sorry it turned out to be a shitty day. If that was me I would have told all her friends to F off then had words with her!

Nowt wrong with anti D's as Lynbo said. Personally I prefer lots of jaffa cakes, crisps and fizzy drinks though :o)