Monday 8 January 2007

Back to work again today, I think I should clear something up as well. I may have given the impression that I don't like my job, most of the time I do like my job. yes, sometimes I get bored ( particularly when doing a month of Customs paperwork issues ) & like all big companies we too have loads of managers that sit in luxury offices with no real idea what the day to day issues are in our roles, so hence we get changes made that only benefit the shareholders & the bean-counters. If they actually listened to us then maybe the customers would benefit more, so the job would be more enjoyable & this would ultimately lead to better revenue ( but what the hell do I know, I'm only the monkey obeying their every command ). So as I say I do like my job most of the time but like most people I use my journal to get things off my chest. In my last entry when I said I couldn't be bothered I was referring more to the drudgery of returning to work after the christmas/new year holiday, so sorry if I gave you the impression I hated my job.

Now that's sorted I can tell you I have spent a lot of the weekend feeling very sorry for myself & generally not wanting to do anything more strenuous than reading my book. Nic had other idea's & yesterday managed to drag me round Asda, Matalan & the city centre. We got some really nice clothes for L'il Vamp, some sleepsuits, a dressing gown ( really nice Tigger one, so nice & cuddly that everyone's gonna want to hug him ), some shirts & pj's. We got various sizes cos we don't want to end up with loads of newborn clothes & then find out he's a little porker!! Nic's been busy while I was at work today & sorted out his wardrobe, I swear this kids got more clothes than me now. We've already got the pushchair but that's at Nic's parents until L'il Vamp's born, we know which cotbed we want as well but its out of stock at the moment so we are looking every day until it comes back in stock because it's getting very close to the big day, we may end up having to get an alternative if it's not back in stock very soon. We have been buying him clothes but he hasn't got many toys yet, my sister has given us some & we have bought a couple of items but not much, then again when he's first born he won't need too many. We thought we'd get a few bits for christmas but only had 1 present for the baby ( baby monitors ), Nic's parents have threatened to buy him a coventry football kit, knowing my luck he will turn out to be a big footie fan ( I HATE football ) so I will have to watch footie just to please him. Still at least if he wants to go to the games I can get Nic's parents to take him ( unless he wants to see a proper football team instead of coventry ).

Well better stop blathering on, Nic's downstairs watching Nip/Tuck so I've had to pause my medal of honour game, the only downside to the game is that you can't save it until you complete a mission so I was going to go to bed & now I have to stay up & finish the mission during the adverts. Stay safe everybody & if you are in the UK......don't forget that umbrella if you go out this week!!

VampJack x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How long is it now Vamp? Are  you in those last few weeks when it could 'come any day now'....about 4 weeks before due date and four weeks after due date!
It's getting exciting now!!!
love Phoenix