Sunday 28 January 2007

good news & goodies

So thats another week gone, another week nearer to meeting my son. I am so nervous but so excited. on friday Nic went to see the midwife & she confirmed the irregular heartbeat has now disappeared so all is well, apparently it may have been because L'il Vamp was sucking his thumb, this apparently can cause his heart to miss a beat ( strange but apparently true ). My sister told me when she was pregnant they couldn't find the heartbeat so she was told to drink a cup of ice cold water to wake the baby up, maybe its just me but that is cruel! So the heartbeat thing is 1 less thing to worry about, now I just need to worry about having enough money, how many times he's gonna puke on me & how many times I'm gonna have to change his dirty stinky bum!!

This week we have got the car seat which was fun trying to get it fitted in the car ( can't wait to have to do it when he's in it ), Nic has bought a moses basket on the internet so that should turn up next week & we bought L'il Vamp his first books yesterday. Nic only ever reads trashy gossip mags or biographies ( & she doesn't read them very much ), her family are not exactly what you'd call bookworms but I love to read. Both my sister & I were brought up to love books & we both still do ( me more than my sis )so I am hoping my son takes after me & enjoys reading. I read him a story last night, The Gingerbread Boy which was great because I remember the story from when I was little. we have decided I will read him a story each night so he gets used to me reading to him.

Nic has been busy washing a L'il Vamp's clothes this week & has even ironed a few of my clothes ( trust me this is a historic event ), I was ironing the rest of my stuff today & did the rest of the baby clothes, it was like ironing action man clothes. We have got some really nice stuff for him that I can't wait to see him wearing, I just know that we are going to have loads of clothes he outgrows that we will not want to throw away, my sister is only just getting rid of some stuff  now from my 8 year old nephew.

We finally got our new fridge freezer on thursday after lots of arguing with servis & argos, Nic had a call on tuesday to say we would get the fridge delivered by argos on thursday, then on thursday they said they had nothing booked & it would be delivered on monday so I rang argos & servis ( i wasn't very nice at all ha ha ). Turns out that servis were actually delivering it direct so we are going to call argos tomorrow because you can guarantee as they are not talking to each other we will end up with another delivery tomorrow if we don't call them. But the main thing is we have got a fridge freezer again, you don't know how much you rely on these items until they aren't working.

Well better go, got to shave my head before Top Gear comes on, then there's 24 later tonight. We've only had 2 episodes of 24 this series & already I am completely hooked. Prison Break was great as well, it was episode 14 last week but we had a break of about 6 weeks ( i think ) so I was really missing it, well worth getting episodes online before they are shown here. Blade was a bit disappointing last week but its early days with that so I shall hope it gets better.

Cathcup with you all soon... VampJack x

 

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not long now till the baby's here! Could arrive early too!
With a bit if luck, you could end up with 2 fridge/freezers! One for spares!
Waiting for 24 myself. I was stressed out enough last week and Prison Break is great...I saw a few off internet myself, but didn't get as far as you.
Hope you enjoy it!
love Phoenix
http://beauregardtheblog.com/