Monday 22 January 2007

Stupid bloody fridge freezer & a boss her lies her ass off

Hello again peoples, I know i haven't been updating my journal regularly but to be honest I am struggling to find the time these last few weeks.

So the good stuff that has happened this last week, my mum came to visit on saturday. I don't get to see her very often so was nice to see her even if it was only for a few hours. She has just got her disability travel pass so it was nice & cheap, me being the person I am I have been winding her up telling her its her oap travel pass even though she's got a few more years before she gets that one!! She brought us some goodies for L'il Vamp, we particularly love the little devil suit, it even has a hood with devil horns & its got a tail, he's gonna look soooo cool.

Getting quite excited about the new formula 1 season as well, loads of new cars have been unveiled in the last week & testing has started again. I promise I will try & limit my F1 entries ( well at least until the racing starts properly in march ).

On the bad side... our fridge freezer packed up last week. I called Servis on wednesday & surprisingly I got through straight away & was told an engineer would be out thursday, sure enough 8.20 thurs morning he was here but only for 30 seconds. He said the gas unit had gone & someone would be out the following day, friday afternoon the 2nd engineer came & said we needed a new fridge. Now considering I have an 8 month pregnant girlfriend who has been told to drink plenty of milk I was not too happy when they told me that they couldn't do anything until today. We were told a manager would call us back but did they hell. So this morning I was told again the manager would call Nic ( I was at work ), once again no call so I rang & refused to get off the phone until a manager took my call. Nice lady got hold of the engineer for the report ( as the engineers manager had not forwarded it ) & made arrangements for a new fridge freezer to be delivered. Only problem is as we got it from Argos they organise for Argos to do the exchange, Argos say they have ordered it from Servis but it could take 10 days. The only thing I can say is if you work for Servis pray you do not get me on the phone tomorrow because you will be calling samaritans straight after.

Now onto my lying boss. Last week we had a team meeting where she stood in front of the team & point blank told us that no one in the team is getting a 1 on our productivity targets ( we were complaining how hard it is to get a decent score so she was trying to defend the targets ), today we got our month to date figures & guess what? no go on have a guess...yep, plenty of us are only getting a 1. So my boss lied to us. Her justification was that over the last 6 months it works out at a better score - well duh, we were complaining about how things are now. Not only that but we also complained that agents in other countries are reverting files to us virtually as soon as we have contacted customers istead of giving customers chance to call back with the info we need, my boss told us to email her examples. So i did. And today she told me I should be putting it in the files not emailing her...so why the hell did she tell me to email her in the first place. Hopefully I shall have the last laugh though, we've had our rota's for feb, I'm on lates the week before the baby's due & earlies the week he's due. I tried to get my boss to change the rota or put someone on mirroring my shift ( on lates & earlies there's only 1 person from my dept ), my thinking on this was that if I get the call I will be in my car 2 minutes after getting the call & work could be left in the sh*t without anyone there covering my role, therefore I was trying to help. My boss's reaction was, well if we do end up in the sh*t it'll only be for 1 day then we can get someone else to cover the rest of the time. Hope I get the call at 1 minute past 6 when on lates  so they have to struggle through the last 1 & half hours!!

It seems really strange that 1 month today my son is due. I can't wait, I am really nervous about wether we'll cope financially & how it'll change our lives but at the same time I am really excited. Rest assured I will get the first photo's on here at the earliest opportunity. Nic has another appointment with the midwife this friday so hopefully L'il Vamp's irregular heartbeat will be okay now. I ordered the car seat online last night so that should be here tomorrow, we're still looking for a moses basket as the one we were supposed to borrow has broke. We still need to get the cotbed but we have a little time before needing that, we want a specific one but they're still out of stock at the moment so fingers crossed they get them in soon. A friend is moving this week & has said we can have her old stair gates as her daughter is getting old enough to not need them all now so that is a real help ( might stop me falling downstairs in the morning when I've had no sleep the night before!! ).

How many of you watched 24 last night? We have been eagerly awaiting this new series since the last one finished. I have managed to get my mum, sister & bro in law all hooked ( they're well behind though, they are having to borrow my dvd's ). And tonight I think prison Break is back on in US so I will be watching that once I have d***lo**ed it, & also we have the new Blade series that started last week. This is more tv than I normally watch in a month!!

Right that's it for tonight. Remember to wrap up warm ( even when you're indoors ) & don't throw snowballs or you'll have the pc police after you for bullying. Take care all.... VampJack x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp
I've been off the 'scene' for a while. Glad to see you are all doing well....Stuff work! They can sort themselves out!
24 had me jumping up and down by the end of the first hour and Prison Break is great.
Take care!
love Pheonix xx
http://beauregardtheblog.com/

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your frige freezer.  What a mess, huh?  Hope you get the new one very soon.  

How exciting!  Just 4 weeks until the little guy makes his appearance.  Count down time!  My son and his wife are expecting their 4th child in 7 weeks.  We don't know if it's a boy or girl.  They want to wait until the birth to find out.  I'd want to know so I could have either boy or girl stuff waiting.

I would like to make the baby a blanket and send it to you and Nic.  Would you feel ok with that?  I live in Riverside, CA, U.S.A. so you wouldn't have to worry about me ever showing up on your doorstep.  LOL  Anyway,  I make flannel blankets for babies and the feedback I get is that the kids and moms love them.  If it's OK, email your address to the email address below.  You'll have it before little guy gets here.  If you're not OK with it, I won't be hurt or upset at all.
Hugs,  Kathyhttp://journals.aol.com/kaydeejay5449/Yadayadayada/