Monday 29 January 2007

Sharing my culinary adventures

Hello again peoples.

Today has been a relatively good day, back to work after the weekend ( hey, I said relatively good day ) & although a bit boring cos its the third straight week of dealing with Customs paperwork issues it wasn't too bad a day.

Got home & had a really nice beef in red wine hotpot kinda thing that Nic's dad made for us. After dinner Nic decided she wanted pancakes, normally the first couple are a bit of a shambles but today they were all perfect. And this is where I want to share my culinary adventrue with you, we had the usual pancakes with sugar & lemon juice but just for fun I decided to have somethnig different - pancake with mint aero balls!! Now I know what you're thinking but trust me it was really nice, a bit weird but really nice.

So you take 4 ounces of plain flour & sieve this into a mixing bowl. Next make a well in the centre of the flour & take 1 large egg, add the egg into the well & slowly fold in the flour. Whilst doing this also add 1/4 pint milk & water mixed to the flour & egg. When the mixture is a smooth batter add a little oil to a frying pan & heat, when the oil is hot pour off any excess & then put the pan back on the heat. Pour some of the mixture into the pan & swirl around the pan to make a nice round pancake. When the pancake is nice & brown underneath flip it over to cook the other side - then just before taking it out of the pan add a few mint aero balls to the centre of the pancake so they start to melt. Once the balls are half melted put the pancake on your plate & roll it up so the melted chocolate is in the middle & voila - minty aero pancakes!!

Okay so its Nic that should have the cravings for weird food but I like messing with food to create new taste sensations, although I do have to admit my creations do not always taste as good as the one above. I also made a curry tonight & perfect example of my last comment, its okay but not as good as the last curry I made. Part of the problem is I used the leftover lamb from yesterdays dinner but we cooked the lamb perfectly yesterday so it just fell apart. This is nice for a roast dinner but when stirring the lamb into the curry it just disintegrates so the curry turns to mush.

Last night I was gutted, I was watching 24 & something happened that I never thought I'd see. I can't tell you what just in case you haven't seen it yet but Nic & I were both gobsmacked at Jack. Got to work today & my friend said the same thing, its just not right but after the last series I guess the writers think they can get away with anything. But I gotta say - shame on you Jack.

Tonight I have been watching 'When KISS ruled the world' on the biography channel. I have loved Kiss since I was a kid & feel all nostalgic now, mind you I didn't like the way they ignored Eric Carr's role in Kiss' success. If it wasn't for the fact that he died I'm not sure Kiss would have reformed with the old drummer Peter Criss. My best friend is a huge Kiss fan & has told me it is my job to educate L'il Vamp about Kisstory when he's old enough!!

Thats enough for tonight, bye for now.....VampJack x

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for the sheer hell of it I have to try the new pancake filling!! Was doing my asda shop online today and have indulged in some very sickly syrups!! yummmmmmmy! We don't do savoury pancakes in our house no no no! It's not right!!
NB. Must buy aero mint balls before pancake day!!
Take care
Julie xx