Saturday 24 June 2006

The best made plans........

Okay so last night when I left you I was heading out for a drink, it was quite nice to chill out with a good friend enjoying a beer outside in the pleasant evening air. I was building myself up for telling my girlfriends parents today about the baby.......

I got home & we had a chat, eventually deciding it'd be a good move to get up & go to town early today. This way we could meet her parents in town & offer to buy them a coffee in the glasshouse ( good coffee if you're ever in cov ), that way if we told them they wouldn't be able to murder me in public!! So at 8am today the postman rang the doorbell & woke me up, then I made a bad decision....I went back to bed. Next thing I know my friend tx'd me asking if she could come round with her little girl ( the happiest little kid I know, I've never seen her without a smile on her face ), this was 'bout 11 so bang goes the plan! I've now got another wait before we tell her parents, therefore more anxiety, more jack daniels consumption & more keeping it quiet so they don't find out from someone else.

It seemed that everywhere I looked when we did get to town there was a pregnant woman or hoards of little ankle biters...I feel as though I can't get away from them but you know what?...I don't seem half as scared as before. I'm sure this will all change a thousand times before the arrival of little jenson ( my other half has already decided the name if its a boy! ) or whatever we decide on if it's a girl. I would like to take this moment to say thank you to those of you that have already read my first entry & sent me very supportive emails, it is appreciated & I hope I don't bore you too much if you keep reading. My girlfriend is convinced we're gonna have a boy as she really wants a girl, I must admit at this point I think I prefer the thought of having a girl but of course we will love the child whatever we get.

 

Anyway time to sign off again as I've got to go & watch 'the pacifier' ( yet more babies!! ). Thank you again for your support....The Vamp x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really are gonna be a great dad you know. It showed in your first entry. Trust me. xxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

So what did you think of The Pacifier?  I've just seen it and admit that there was the odd laugh, but I really couldn't be bothered to add it to my reviews.  How the mighty Vin has fallen...
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jpatriciaevans/PrettyPinkPattysPictures/

Anonymous said...

Congratulatuions and good luck  !!!
Best advice I could give is get as much sleep as you can before hand cos babies do not understand that its 2am and you will not be at your best !!

Take full part , do parentcraft and be there for the birth as it is magic ...
regards
Shaun
http://journals.aol.co.uk/shauntanner/Tenthirteengoesforth/

Anonymous said...

Aww,I think you will be a great Dad because you worry and get anxious. . . some people dont give two hoots. . . LOVE the name Jenson if you have a boy