Friday 30 June 2006

The tension mounts.....

Okay so first I have to say a big thank you to all of you who left comments from my last entry, I was about as low as I could be & it was so nice to get so many nice comments. You guys are the ones that are going to keep me posting entries until I meet my son/daughter, & who knows, I might even carry on until you tell me to stop boring you with every little detail of his/her life!!

 

Today's been okay, relaxing in the coventry sunshine ( well during my ciggie breaks anyway ) & having a laugh at work. I seem to get more insulting & abusive as the week goes on but the recipients of my scathing wit know I'm only joking ( at least I hope they do otherwise one of these days I will be getting a major kicking ). Finally got an email from Argos yesterday that the paddling pool I want is in stock, reserved it & picked it up today so now I've gotta mow the lawn so we can get the pool out.

Its gonna be a very busy weekend this week as not only do I have to mow the lawn, cut the bushes back & clean the pond ( how the hell do I do that?, never had to look after a pond before in my life, luckily there's no fish in there ). I have got my new fridge freezer today & my shed so gotta clear a space for the old fridge to be stuck in the garden until I can arrange for the council to collect it, got to put my shed together & then try to get the ground level for it. Want to get my hair cut again, I want it shaved but the other half thinks I'll look like a thug...so looks like I will  be shaving it! We've had an invitation to my friends bbq tomorrow, be nice to finally meet her fella. And most importantly we have to tell my in laws about the baby ( we're not married but you know what I mean ). Even after all this time I am still worried about their reaction, hope it goes okay cos knowing me if they give me attitude I will give it back tenfold & I don't really want that. I am a pretty mild kinda guy who knows how to get things off my chest in very dramatic fashion but usually like a quiet life.

Otherwise life is trying to get back to normal following our trip to the vets on wednesday, Angel seems so lonely now, she used to beat up on Cleo but I think they both loved each other really so I think we will have to get another cat. It breaks my heart to see Angel so quiet as she is normally such a lively little devil ( trust me, the name Angel is because of her looks not her nature ), we've started letting her sleep in the bedroom at night so she's not too lonely but she only comes in for a while then goes again.

My girlfriend was told a while ago that she may lose her job as the company were making redundancies, luckily this week we found out that although her job is going she is being given an equal position in another dept so good news there. It has upset some of her colleagues but I'm afraid thats just tough, they can either accept it or clear off, she's worked for the company for years ( I used to be her boss there a few years ago, thats how we met ) so deserves to be kept on after the loyalty she has shown.

Well that's enough waffling for one night, I will try to find the time tomorrow to let you know how it went with the in-laws but if not I will definitely update you all by monday night...big weekend on tv so might not be online...we've got the US grand prix & double 24 - the season finale, can't wait. I'm also going to try & sort out a list of my fave journals for you all, there are some very thought provoking & entertaining journals on here....Vamp x

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully the 'in laws' will be over the moon and supportive. Enjoy your weekend.xxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

glad your feeling better today. even if your in laws take it hard at first a grandchild is a very special thing, we had to go through the agony of our 17 year old daughter telling us that she was pregnant by her ex boyfriend, they had split up a month before, there were lots of tears and talks and after much soul searching she decided to go ahead and keep the baby, he is now 7 months old and the light of our lives, every bit of anguish was worth it when you see him smile, kerry

Anonymous said...

Best of luck with the weekend and the 'in laws' I am sure all will go well for you.
Enjoy your busy weekend and look forward to hearing all about it :-)

Anonymous said...

Dying to know what the in laws said. . .LOL.