Tuesday 27 June 2006

Feeling the strain

Okay first of all those of you that have read my first entry will know I was concerned about a friend of mine, I thought the shock of my impending fatherhood had killed him.........he's alive thank god! Typical of him all he can do is make a joke of it but I'll have the last laugh - i'll get my son/daughter to call him uncle Richard!!

So what else is happening, well the mother to be is already starting to lay it on thick with her demands, fetch me this, cook me that, buy me the other ( well to be honest that last one has been constant since we met ). I get in from a hard days work & she expects me to run around for her all evening...I wouldn't mind but the baby's not due until feb/march. I've decided not to tell her about this journal until after the birth, hopefully it'll be a nice surprise for her ( depends how much she treats me like a slave in the meantime, I may end up using this as a ranting platform ).

It's gonna be fun next week, we're going to my sisters for a few days & was planning on a nice walk into town to the train station but no doubt she'll decide a taxi is a much better idea. And then when we get there my 2 nephews will probably want us to play all the time, I guess I need to start being a good uncle & not teach them too many new bad habits otherwise my sister will only get her own back when I'm a dad. It's a good job 24 finishes on sunday, my sister doesn't have sky one & I couldn't take the suspense of knowing it's on & not being able to watch it. Phoenix if you're reading this, sundays episode had me on the edge of my seat. I really thought we were gonna lose another well loved character. We have a theory about this series that they had to kill President Palmer cos they can never have him run for president again & everyone I knew said if the actor ran for president he'd probably win by a landslide...definitely a victim of his own popularity. I read today that Keifer's signed up for another 3 series as well as the film.

We'll also be visiting my partners aunt when we're in Southampton so we need to tell her parents this weekend, otherwise if her aunt finds out & tells her parents I really will be in trouble - on the other hand her parents will be looking after our cats when we're away & we don't want to come back to find they've eaten each other ( the cats not her parents ). Actually there's a challenge for everyone reading this...I want you to all leave me comments with reason's why we should or should not tell her parents!

Also if anyone out there knows of any well paid forklift driver jobs around the loughborough area let me know ( not for me I hasten to add ).

I was looking at our spare room last night, most of the stuff piled up high is my books & video's, I need to start thinking about selling most of it on ebay if we don't want the baby sleeping in our room. I used to sell quite a lot but to be honest I have got very lazy & can't be bothered photographing everything, listing it & then trudging down to the post office on a saturday. My girlfriend thinks I should sell my garfield collection as well but she hasn't got a hope in hell ( that's just a very small selection above ), she won't let me get rid of her cows ( why she likes cows I don't know, best thing about cows is sticking chunks of them on a bbq ) or bad taste bears so Garfield is staying.

Before I go I just want to say how much I am enjoying reading other peoples blogs, I have never read any of them until I started this project but am now an avid reader of several regular bloggers ( & I hope some of you enjoy reading mine ).

Anyway I'd better go for a shower before her majesty calls again!! Only joking, I love her really. take care & come back soon.

 

Just to let you know, my request for reasons why we should/should not tell my girlfriends parents is purely fun factor - we will of course tell them & soon, hopefully this weekend! I don't want you all thinking I'm a nasty person trying to avoid telling them...heaven forbid!!!....Vamp

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww, lovely entry. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx And yes, seeing as so many other people know, I think  you should tell her parents.  xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I have been catching up on your recent entries and I think you should tell her parents as soon as possible. Go together, be calm, no matter how they react at first they will come round to the idea once they realise this baby is right for both of you. They are going to be one set of grandparents to your child, important people in a child's life. So a lip bitten now, if they react badly, will pat dividends in the long run. So do it, and do it soon,
Best of Luck,
Kate (who has been there, but I was the pregnant one, obviously).
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say that your Garfield collection is perfect for any baby, boy or girl!!! Keep it!!!,
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

Hi, just found your journal and enjoy reading it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp,
Sundays episode was a killer. Thank goodness Erin didn't die! I have no idea who the bespectacled man is, pulling Logans strings...next week will tell.
My fave bit was the Chloe cattle-prod scene...very funny!
And me and my sister reckon there's a bit of a frisson with Claire and Bill...sorry to go girly on you!
Do you watch Alias and Lost too? It's really the only TV I watch now.
Night night
Phoenix
PS. Whenever you tell parents about your pregnancy(s), the reaction is always totally different to the one you expect...in my experience anyway!

Anonymous said...

Keep the Garfield collection!!! By the way. . I am enjoying reading your journal.