Monday 3 July 2006

The best made plans...Pt 2

Okay so here goes, don't all shout at me at once...

We got up early on saturday & went to town, knowing full well that Nic's ( never told you her name before have I, well thought it time for you all to say hello )parents would be in town......arranged to meet them only for them to basically dash off very quickly so couldn't tell them then. I mean, come on...they're checking their watches talking bout the time & very obviously wanting to go, we could hardly say to them while standing in the middle of town - oh by the way you're gonna be grandparents again - it just wouldn't be right. So we were goin to go see them on sunday, only Nic can't be bothered ( she frustrates me at times, she can be so lazy ). I know she's scared of telling them as am I but it's gotta be done and soon.

Anyway we ended up goin to my friends for a bbq, they'd only just bought the bbq & everyone kept singing the 'when will i see you again' song from the advert currently running bout cooking food properly!! We left when the footie started as really can't stand watching footie at any time, it bores me watching a bunch of supposedly grown men chasing a ball around for 90 minutes, but I suppose it bores other people watching a bunch of cars driving round a track for nearly 2 hours. At least I got home in time to watch the F1 qualifying & was I glad I did - Schumi on pole! I was busy building my shed so didn't get the pool filled up in time to have a dip on saturday night but sunday was a different matter.

We had just got in the pool when our friends came round with their god-daughter so we had a laugh soaking each other with the hose ( freezing cold water - lovely ), can't beat lazing in your own (paddling) pool on a hot sunday afternoon.

Sunday night tv was great, I hardly watch tv but the US grand prix was on & Schumi won so was in a really good mood ( really don't hold out too much hope for the Ferrari resurgence to carry over to other tracks though ).......then '24 the finale'. I could not believe what I was seeing, those of you who watch this programme will I'm sure be a surprised as me at the ending....mmmghmgmm ( sorry had to gag myself there in case some of you haven't seen it yet ). Roll on season 6!

Back to the in-laws though, I really wish we could have told them this weekend. It is making it worse having to wait to tell them, my mum knows, my sister will know on thursday when we go down to visit her, our friends know but yet we haven't found time to tell her parents. We were going to tell Nic's aunt on thursday as well but that looks like it'll go out the window now too. I want to be able to talk about my feelings openly with people but am having to watch what I say all the time, coventry is a big city but everyone seems to know someone who knows someone you know ( did you follow that? ), it also means our friends have to watch what they say when they bump into Nic's parents. Oh well I suppose it'll get sorted soon. In the meantime I'll just have to keep you all in suspense about their reaction.

I will be having a quiet week on my journal this week as I have already mentioned I am off to my sisters on thursday & won't be back until next tuesday. I probably won't have chance update my journal while I'm away as my sister doesn't put the pc on much as she has 2 young kids who never give her a moments peace ( oh joy, am i ever looking forward to that! ). We are both off work all next week too & have the first midwife appointment on thursday 13th, lucky it isn't friday 13th!!! I will of course let you all know exactly what my sisters reaction is & how it goes with the midwife.

Take care & I will see you all real soon.....Vamp x

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you didn't get the garden done then? and the shed?..........just kidding. LOL.
Hello to Nic and yeah, I agree......the 'grandparents to be'  definately need to be told. There's nothing worse than being the last to know,  especially when it's their daughter. But you know that so I'll shut up. LoL. Have a good week. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Have a great break Vamp...Hi to Nic, nice to meet you!
24 was fab...the best ending yet! Roll on Season 6, I'm looking forward to it already, when's it due to air?
love Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Just pick the phone up. . tell them you wanted to tell them in town but they rushed off. I wish you well with telling them.