Tuesday 11 July 2006

Holidays are stressful

Well I'm back, I survived another trip to my sisters! I very nearly never made it, bloody rail travel.

We got to the station at 10am last thursday ( went by taxi instead of walking cos it was raining quite heavy ), the train was due at 1024. There was an announcement that due to a lightning strike in the Rugby area trains were severely delayed, okay so we can't control the weather, inconvenient but you have to put up with it living here. Eventually the train arrived at coventry only for it to be terminated there due to a mechanical problem, the next train was due in less than half hour at 1124 - eventually turned up at 1224 & sat in the station for 15 minutes, by which time we were well & truly fed up, my back was aching as I have back problems, & there were no seats. It took a further half hour to get past leamington spa ( usually about 15 mins ) due to signal failure...at least my coffee was free on the train because of the delays. We finally got to Southampton at 1505!

We had a flying visit to Nic's aunt ( during which she asked when we were going to have a family, as her paretns haven't been told we thought it best to keep quiet ), my sister picked us up & it was great my nephews always give me a fantastic greeting & its great to give them a big hug. My brother in law wasn't home until the friday so we thought we'd tell them both about our news together, typically he was late getting home so we told my sister before she went to work on friday evening & told my brother in law when he got in. My sister is so excited, I think she's more excited than we are. She's still got loads of baby stuff from my nephews so she said she would pass it on to us once she's sorted it all out - its gonna save us heaps!

My sister told my nephews not to jump on auntie Nic cos she's got a baby in her tummy, the youngest J kept asking Nic all weekend if she's still got the baby in her tummy, he is such a cutie. As always the boys demand our attention the whole time we are there, its great that we are so wanted but very draining, thank god I've got the rest of the week off to recover. Much as I love visiting my sister I love getting back home & having a sleep in my own bed so really looking forward to that tonight.

We need to sort out the front garden tomorrow, cut the hedge, trim all the plants/flowers back & get rid of the weeds so that'll keep me busy until thursday when we have the first midwife appointment, then the dreaded task of telling Nic's parents. We were going to tell them today when they dropped us back home ( they very nicely picked us up at the station ) but once again they were in such a rush to get back home themselves that it just wasn't right, so we are going to go round to their house so they haven't got to rush off anywhere. I hope they take it well, it was very weird telling my sister so telling them is going to be really strange.

While we were at my sisters we took my nephews J & J to school/preschool & there were a few women there with twins & Nic keeps winding me up saying she wants twins...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!

We are under orders from my sis H to scan the ultrasound pic once we get one & email it to her. I think she upset my bro in law K cos she told him she will be a real auntie, she loves his nieces/nephew but this time she will be a blood relative & that is making her really excited, mind you I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bought my nephews a drum a coupla years ago as now H is gonna get her own back.  She talked to my mum while I was there who said she is really happy, as I told her about the baby the same day I told her about having to have Cleo put to sleep she wasn't sure wether I was happy so didn't want to make too  much fuss in case I didn't want the baby. I think I will be seeing a lot more of my mum after the baby puts in an appearance.

Anyway I guess I'd better go & unpack my case, put the washing on, have a shower, do last weeks ironing, wash the dishes & give Angel lots of fuss to let her know how much I missed her while I've been away...until next time, take care....Vamp x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

her parents will be bowled over by becoming grandparents, i never knew there was such a special link until i bacame a nan in november last year, even if they are a bit frosty at first no~one can resist a new born baby.

rail travel is absolutely pants in this country lol kerry