Monday 31 July 2006

A new addition to the family

Well here we are, monday again - back to work, what a drag. At least its cooler this week so no more melting at my desk. Nearly didn't go to work, my back was killing me when I woke up ( no joke, my back had my pillow over my face trying to suffocate me ). I suffer with back problems following a car accident 3 years ago & sometimes like tody it is a lot worse than others. The problem being that my stage 1 attendance warning only expired on 17th july so don't want to start taking time off again so soon, hopefully my solicitor will have got an appointment sorted soon for me to see a osteopath soon for a medical exam, it'll all count towards any compensation i'll be entitled to once we get to court.  Nic had the day off work today, she woke me up this morning with the delicate sounds of her throwing up!!

We did have some good news again today though, i found an advert for a cat needing a new home ( check out www.freecycle.org you register in your area & advertise if you have anything to get rid of or want - its all free, no money changes hands for the items, its just a way of redistributing items you no longer need ), we went to see him tonight. He is a cute 1 year old black & white cat called Bailey. We are going to pick him up tomorrow after work, can't wait. I really hope Angel takes to him, apparently he is very playful, although he is 2 years younger than Angel I think they should  ( fingers crossed ) get on fine. Poor Angel, we got back from checking out Bailey & got the cat box ready to collect him tomorrow night, Angel was sniffing around the box for ages - I think she can smell Cleo as the last time we used the box was the horrible night we had to take her to the vet. I expect lots of hissing and spitting between Angel & Bailey but I'm pretty sure it'll work out in the end. My poor baby just seems so lost with no other cats here to beat up on!! I will make sure I get a picture of our new addition as soon as possible so you can all see how cute he is.

I will say goodnight for now, hope you're all getting a better nights sleep now the heat has dissipated a little. Take care & remember, if you stop to smell the roses along the way.....be careful of the bees...Vamp x

No comments: