Wednesday 5 July 2006

what a day...

Well last night at home until next tuesday, off to Eastleigh tomorrow.

Been struggling to get to sleep this week with the heatwave we're enjoying, but beats the freezing soggy weather we're used to. Got up early today cos couldn't get back to sleep after Nic got up for work, decided to be good & put the washing in, caught up with some of your journals & decided to go to work early as I was up. Saw one of my friends on the way, she's on holiday this week so was nice to catch up.

At work was told I look like a member of the national front cos I finally shaved my head last night, or rather Nic shaved it for me! Didn't think she'd back down so easily.  Only half hour into the day & my eye started itching, think I've got conjuctivitis ( did I spell that right? )starting, I was going to come home early but under a stage 1 attendance warning already cos I had several sick days at the beginning of the year, so had to stick it out all day only being able to see properly out of 1 eye.

Got home & put some drops in my eye, wish I hadn't bothered - had a letter waiting for me about an old debt that should be wiped clean due to the limitation act 1980 so had to call the debt company & tell them to stick it. The agent I spoke to was trying to trick me into admitting I owe the money which if you admit it then you have to pay it so just kept quoting the relevant act to him, he was probably sitting there thinking ' oh god not another one who knows what they're talking about'. I'd hate to do that job, mind you most people probably wouldn't want mine - this week I've been dealing with customs clearance issues. I have to call customers to tell them that unless they provide me with whatever info customs want we'll return their packages to them & charge them for the priviledge!! Most customers are okay but occasionally you get an idiot that thinks we can tell customs what to do.

But that's all over now until 17th july & I fully intend enjoying my time off. Really looking forward to seeing my nephews again, the eldest has got sports day on friday so we'll be cheering him on. Quite nervous about the midwife appointment next thursday though, don't know why just having never been through it before I don't know what to expect.

Well better go now cos gotta have a shower & pack my case before 'the f word' comeson at 9. Be good while I'm away & take care of yourselves, i'm sure i'll have lots to tell you when I get back.

Vamp x x x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a great break over the next week. Enjoy the sports day..we had ours today so I'll probably be writing about it later!
Thanks for your lovely comments too. If us 24 fans have nothing to do on Sunday nights now,we should all get together for a chat!!
love Phoenix

http://journals.aol.co.uk/phoenix71011/Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Have a great break. Don't worry about the midwife, it's just a chance to meet her, get to know her and she you, she'll examine Nic, give you lots of information and talk about appointments for scans.
best piece of advice i can give you really is make sure that Nic takes a urine sample with her every time she see's the midwife, my daughter was pregnant with my grandson last year and they were very haphazard on checking her urine, it came to a crunch in the last month before he was born when we thought charlotte had pre eclampsia, worryingly she had most of the symptoms, they should have been checking her urine routinely from 26 weeks but more often than not forgot, but if you have the sample with you then they can't, kerry.