Thursday 27 July 2006

The longest day....

Hello again, how are we all today?

I was supposed to be up early today & you'll be pleased to know I did not oversleep. I was at work nice & early to make up the time I missed by leaving early yesterday for the doctors, my bloodspots have played join the dots overnight so I now have a nice big patch of red in my eye, makes me look like i've had a smack in the face, then again perhaps I have - Nic does like to stick her elbows in my face while i'm trying to sleep!! I was lying in bed last night listening to the pouring rain hoping it would help to put an end to the sticky heat we've been having, i got up about 1.30am to go to the toilet & when I went into the bathroom there was the brightest flash of lightning i have ever witnessed - good job I was on my way to the toilet cos i nearly $*** myself. I sat at the bedroom window for a while watching the rain run down our street like a river, yet by the time I left for work at half 7 you wouldn't know it had rained at all. Us brits always like to moan about the weather but once again I sit here melting & praying for snow!!

Because I had to make up for the time i lost yesterday it seemed like today was never going to end. It is soul destroying spending all day doing the same thing over & over & over & over, the customs issues are driving me mad now, thank goodness tomorrow is the last day doing these files, more interesting work next week. I was playing agony uncle at work, i don't like it when my friends are having problems, I feel so helpless but i guess being there for them to talk to is better than nothing. My other friend who is sorting her wedding out was showing me the jewellery she wanted to go with her wedding dress that she's just bought, I am flattered that she asks my opinion as a bloke but doesn't she know all us blokes are supposed to do is nod politely & say yes in all the right places? Honestly though I am flattered she asks me what i think, she doesn't have any family around to ask & in some ways she is like a little sister to me ( better be careful what i say now cos she reads my journal!! )

Eventually it was time to escape the asylum & come home, luckily Nic's mum is okay, she has to stay in hospital for a few days but at least we know she's okay. My own mum has been in & out of hospital for years with pancreatitis ( did i spell that right? ), diabetes & other ailments. She's been in so much that I joke she has her own bed now, this might seem cruel but she has had so much wrong with her that I can't take it all in so I don't know all the details & sometimes it looks like I don't care but that couldn't be further from the truth. My family is huge, both my mum & dad are one of 7, nearly all my uncles & aunts have kids & quite a few of my cousins have kids but to be honest the only people I really care about in my family is my mum, sister, brother in law & my 2 adorable nephews. Nic's mum & dad are like family to me ( well i guess they are family now ). I am not one of these people who likes having family around all the time, as a teenager I developed my independence & would regularly take off around the country to see friends or go to gigs. That is one of the things I am anxious about when the baby arrives, having the in laws here all the time. I know we will probably welcome their help but as long as it doesn't get to the point of feeling that they are intruding. I think i might even call my mum after i finish this just to say hello.

I was going to take a dip in the pool again but it started raining just as i was about to take the plunge, so instead i let all the air out & emptied the pool, found an easy way to empty it, just let the air out & watch as the water flows like niagara falls towards the back door!! Much as i dislike the horrible sticky weather we've had recently I hope we still have plenty more sun & warmth so we don't have to put the pool into hibernation too soon, silly as it sounds I look forward to coming home & being able to cool off in my own pool. i don't care if it makes me sound like a little kid - we don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing. I have always loved water, my mum's family comes from the south coast & we were always holidaying in brighton & playing on the beach. Nic has always loved the water too so we decided one of the things we really want to do is start the aqua babies class once little vamp is here, it's never too soon to start the little ankle biters swimming.

Before I go i would like to say thank you to those of you who wished me happy birthday, it is appreciated. One of the best things about this journal is the comments I get, it makes my day when someone says something nice to me. It never fails to put a smile on my face & hopefully i put a smile on your faces when you read my journal. Until next time take care & don't forget...mine's a JD & coke!! .....Vamp x   

No comments: