Sunday 16 July 2006

The heat is turned up....

It is sweltering here in coventry but the heat has really been turned up in france! Yesterday morning I was met with the news that in practise Schumi had an engine fire so would be demoted 10 places on the grid for changing the engine - but when qualifying started no such bad luck, the Ferrari mechanics sorted it so he didn't have to change the engine, phew!

Today I got up in plenty of time to fetch my newspaper ( 2nd free 'learn italian' cd - wonder if it'll teach me to say 'up yours frenchie' ), enjot a morning cuppa & the RACE TIME. I know this has nothing to do with my impending fatherhood but what the hell, this is my journal & racing is my passion. It looked for a while like we were going to get another 1 - 2 but as ithappens only a 1 - 3. It's looking good for the rest of the season, we can win this year & then next year we have a better start to the season as Ferrari are used to designing cars around the bridgestone tyres that everyone will be on. I'm gonna go jump in my pool shortly to cool myself down, what a fantastic day, I hope you are all enjoying this weekend as much as me.

Anyway the biggest news this weekend is my best friend R has got engaged. Years ago when we were teenagers ( maybe early 20's ) we were talking about having to stand up in front of people to give a speech & both agreed that we would never ask each other to be best man....well guess what?, that's right R has asked me to be best man. He says it will be a while before the actual wedding as they have to save up & will probably get married abroad so really looking forward to that. It was really nice cos told him as long as I can afford it I will be best man ( the baby's obviously going to take most of our  money ), he told me I was the first choice & he will give me loads of notice. This means so much to me as we only get to see each other about once or twice a year since I moved to coventry but I know he is always going to be there for me & me for him. hey, maybe this means we are both growing up! When he tx'd me to tell me I sent one back saying he'll be a dad next, haha.

Anyway enough of my incessant nattering there is a pool waiting for me to jump in....see you later & take care in this sweltering heat...love Vamp x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp
thanks for linking my journal to yours!
Mind you, my definition of insanity is watching grown men, watching other grown men racing around a circuit on a hot, sunny day, all day!! What's that all about!?
Any way....I hope you're having a great Sunday! We had to empty our paddling pool and refill it; it was looking more like the pond than the pond was!
love Phoenix
http://journals.aol.co.uk/phoenix71011/Phoenix

Anonymous said...

BTW, are you missing 24 tonight?
love Phoenix