Thursday 30 November 2006

If you are of a sensitive nature you may wish to turn away now. The last couple of days have not been good.

Yesterday we were due to have Tesco delivery between 6-8pm, this way I would be home to lug everything into the kitchen & put it all away. Nic shouldn't be lifting loadsa heavy stuff like bags of cat litter, multipacks of cat food ( tins ), multiple 2litre bottles of pop, etc - but...... I get home at 5:55 & find tesco is there. Okay so maybe not a major problem, after all the woman delivery driver is great, she always helps carry the stuff inside if we need help & has plenty of time to let you check your delivery - but oh no...Tesco have decided to employ the scruffiest, smelliest, rudest driver they could find. I start checking the list to make sure we've got everything, also had to open all the bags to make sure no glass jars broken because he was just throwing the crates down in my doorway, he then has the cheek to tell me that he can't wait for me to check everything off because he's only got 6 minutes left before going back to the store!!! I told him that I don't care how short of time he is I will sign for nothing until I have checked it all off, & considering he wasn't supposed to be there until after 6 he would have to bloody well wait. Eventually I checked everything off & signed for my delivery, no 'thank you', no 'goodbye', no nothing. So I rang up & complained about him, I have told the store manager that in future when I place orders they had better make sure he is not the driver or I will turn him away, no way am I going to have some delivery driver speak to me like I'm an inconvenience to him ( I would like to point out at this point that I have 20 years customer service experience & I work in the courier trade so I know what its like on the other side ). Not only that but as I told them, if Nic had to carry everything in herself & anything had happened to her or L'il Vamp I would be going on a killing spree in tesco's. The tesco manager told me she'd 'sit him down & give him a talking to'....WHAAAATTT! Sack the scruffy, useless tw*t. If any of my staff had ever been that rude to a customer they'd be sacked for gross misconduct.

Then last night was another night of not getting much sleep, so today I was not in a very happy, smilie mood. I took Nic to work & decided I would go into work early myself, yesterday when I took Nic to work I spent the time back at home constantly checking the clock to see if it was time to go to work. My friend who was supposed to be on the early shift was off because her daughters ill ( hope smiler gets better soon ) so they asked me to do her job today as I was in early....big mistake agreeing to this. Everyone & their dog was calling in today because of a problem with a diverted flight, being the nice customer focused individual I am I put on a brave face & took loads of crap with people blaming me for the problems. Like a fool I magreed to go in early again tomorrow cos my friend won't be back til next week. On top of that it seems that the same people are always getting the shitty shifts at work, if your face fits you can always get out of late shifts which annoys the hell out of the rest of us that work a lot harder than these people but always seem to get dumped on. I am on late shifts next week, which I must admit I was quite grateful for because it meant I wouldn't be on lates christmas week, but I get the new rota today & I am on a floater shift which is when we have to cover for any absences or holidays - yes you've guessed it, the person who always seems to find a way out of lates is on lates christmas week, this will probably mean that they will try & get me to work lates..hahahahahahaha - not gonna happen. I have helped out with the crappy files a few times recently so I will use this tomorrow when I tell my boss that I am not gonna be doing lates on christmas week.

Right well enough whingeing, I am going to watch Ramsay's ktchen nightmares now ( we taped it earlier this week before you start looking in the tv listings ), I will enjoy a nice glass of beer & maybe some chocolate cake too. I hope I haven't offended anyone too much with my rants ( unless you're the tesco delivery driver in which case, tough! ) ...take care all. ....VampJack x 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to get it off your chest? lol Always had very nice delivery men, no complaints. Let you in to a secret my friend has though.......She orders off bid tv all the time just to get a very handsome delivery guy!! She has been doing this for months! Has got to the point were she is ordering crap just to see him!! I ask ya!! lol He has no twigged that she has the hots for him!! I may have to step in and do my Cilla Black routine!!
Julie xx