Sunday 5 November 2006

Toys R Us with a fussy mum to be

Went to Toys R Us today, Nic's parents took us to show us the pushchair they want to buy us - or to give it the correct name the travel system they want to buy us. What the hell is that all about, its a bloody pushchair with a car seat/baby carrier. Why do they have to give fancy names to everything nowadays, we should all stand up & say - enough! Anyway, I thought it was nice, it had everything you could wish for, light, easy to manouver, comes with baby carrier/car seat, rain cover, footmuff, changing bag & it's easy to collapse ( well actually I was the only one that could collapse it, Nic, her mum & dad all tried & failed....see left handers are better at everything ). But oh no, it's the wrong colour, Nic wants a black one not a blue one so we've now got to find another pushchair that she likes for them her parents to buy us. She did find one she likes - £300, for a sodding pushchair! I reckon the manufacturers of these items are on to a good thing, they know people have to have these things so they hike the prices to excrutiatingly painful levels. I'm beginning to hope my L'il Vamp is a good looking lad like me ( okay so hopefully a whole lot better looking than me ) then I'm going to make him earn his keep as a baby model. I think I'll get Nic to steal a shopping trolley from work to use as a pushchair & let him sleep in the ottoman at the end of our bed, at least that way I won't end up in the poor house by this time next year.

Doing some more xmas shopping on the internet today, I'm nearly done now. Nic's aunt is coming to coventry soon so my sisters dropping off some hand me downs from my 2 nephews as she lives near Nic's aunt, hopefully we'll be able to presuade her to take my sisters/nephews presents back with her as well otherwise its going to cost me a fortune in postage. But what the hell its only once a year. Nic's dad's still a pain, we've been trying to get him to tell us today what he wants but still drawing a blank there, I really don't want to do the age old back up of giving him  a bottle of whiskey. I have already told everyone else who usually asks for vouchers/money that this year I refuse to give vouchers/money & have for once got sensible idea's for presents from them.

My friend at work has had a nice idea, last year we did secret santa & apart from when she asked me what I wanted ( Spinal Tap dvd, I love it ) most people got stuff they will probably never use & would never buy in a  month of sundays. So this year we are going to try & get everyone in the team to agree to giving to charity. It only takes a couple of pounds from everyone ( a lot less than the £10 secret santa presents last year ) & we can do some good, I try to give when I can to charities but this is something I really want to do. Last year I spoke to several friends who felt that there was no xmas atmosphere, at work, at home & in town ( & this was friends in different places around the uk so it's not just this town ). We all expressed the same feeling of emptiness at a time when we should all have been having a good time, each of us said that we felt as though we should have been giving our time to help those less fortunate than ourselves or at the very least we felt that we didn't need or want half the presents we got so the money could have gone to better use helping others. It may only be a little gesture but if everyone at work did this instead of swapping presents ( & lets face it unless you know your colleagues really well we tend to all buy the same smelly gift packs, chocolate or wine ) we could really help those who are not as lucky as us.

Changing the subject completely, i'm not one to express my political views too much unless I know the people I'm talking to but I have to say that I am pleased to hear about the sentence passed on Saddam Hussain, we don't need people like him in this world, now if we could only get a similar verdict on George Bush!

Hope you're all having a great weekend, remember to wrap up warm when you go out....love Vamp x  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi vamp, love reading your blog but can we see some pics of you, nic and bump! Keep it up! x