Sunday 29 October 2006

Presents, gardening & a loony cat

Hello again everyone, this weekends been a bit busy for me so its nice to be sitting here having a rest ( for now ).

Had to get up early on saturday so I could collect a parcel from the sorting ofice in town. Then it was time for shopping at Aldi, that place is so busy but they do seel some good stuff at reasonable prices - plus its walking distance from my house. When I got back I decided it was about time I cut the grass again, I've been putting it off for weeks because of the weather but when you lose sight of the cats once they're in they're on the lawn its time to cut it ( only kidding, I could still see their heads ). This took ages as the grass was so wet & quite long, finally it is done, also had to cut back the bushes & other plants at the side of the garden before it gets too cold. So now the garden is looking a bit better, I still need to empty the pond so think I will have to invest in a submersible pump which is going to cost about £30, but as the pond is about 2 foot deep & full i think it'll be worth it. I started trying to empty the pond using a bucket a couple of weeks ago but my back was soon complaining & I don't particularly want to take time off work with back problems again.

Later on saturday Nic's parents came round with presents from their holiday in Turkey last week - the present I got is shown above!! Although L'il Vamp won't fit in the jacket until he's about 18 months I love it. I can just see me now walking with my boy, dad wearing a Ferrari ( well Schumi to be honest ) cap & his little boy wearing a Ferrari jacket - do I sound at all sad?? Nic was given loads of baby clothes by her friend this week too so we're not doing too badly. The bump is getting quite big now & I cannot wait to meet my son. I talk to him all the time & sing to him sometimes as well, the worst thing is going be going back to work after my paternity leave as I know I will be wanting to stay home with him. I'm even considering trying to find a job where I can work from home so I can be around more.

Today we have been cleaning the house & Nic has cooked a wonderful roast dinner again, I'm quite traditional in that I love my roast dinners on a sunday, its just not the same without one. It is a trade off though, I had to do her ironing today while she cooked dinner. There's a film on Disney later she wants to watch so I had better go & have a shave now so I don't miss it. I will no doubt spend half the film watching my loopy cat Bailey, he runs all over the place playing football or launching himself at his scratch post/activity centre & nearly knocking it over...he's completely insane!

 

 

I hope you've all had a good weekend, before I go nearly forgot, the following link is to Kate's journal index that she has been working so hard on for all of us. Please take some time to check out the index & maybe find a few new journals to read. I have also added the index to my other journals links on the left. Thanks for doing such a wonderful job Kate, everyone in j'land owes you now!!

http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/20062007-journal-index/entries/130

Take care all.... Vamp x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp
gave you another wave from Corley Service station the other day when I went to collect the kids!
I've got a lovely image of you now singing to a belly-button and bump! So sweet!Have a good evening
Phoenix

Anonymous said...

I love the little ferrari jacket. . very cute and it wont be long before hes wearing it too.

Anonymous said...

He's going to look so handsome in his jacket!  You're going to be one proud dad walking along side of him.
Hugs,  Kathy