Wednesday 18 October 2006

A cold day in october

So before we go any further hands up thise that have visited CarnivAOL this week.......if you haven't then you need to get along there ( but not before you finish reading this of course ), there are some new journals on there to check out as well as some old favourites :

http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/CarnivAOL/

So last night I left you wondering wether the good people at transco would come & put my gas back on, well a man did turn up & he did look at turning it back on but.....the dumb ass mutherf**kin contractors had removed the gas feeder pipe to our house so he had nothing to connect it to!!!!! Anyway, he told me that if the idiots at MorganEst ( for legal reasons let me publicly state that all my comments regarding this company are my personal opinions only ) did not reconnect the supply when Nic got home today to phone up & report a smell of gas outside - so this is what we did. I currently have 2 transco chaps desperately trying to sort the piping out right now so we can ( hopefully ) get reconnected tonight. The problem being that even if they can get the pipes installed properly, & there's no guaranteeing they can do this without digging up all our pathway to lay brand spanking new pipes all the way to the house, they still then have to call another engineer once the pipes are connected to switch the meter back on & that may take 4 hours for him to get here after these other guys are gone. If ever you have any work done on or near your properties by MorganEst make sure the arseholes do the job when they say they will & if necessary hold their van keys to ransom until its done - these contractors would be better suited to working at eurodisney or the american adventure if you get my drift.

Anyway I guess you don't want to listen to me whingeing all night. Had another nice surprise when I got in tonight, Nic's dad has made some stew which smells delicious so I think I will have to force some down shortly. I really do wonder what her parents are up to, home made cake, home made stew, they're buying us a pram/pushchair...what are they after do you think? Maybe they finally feel safe that Nic isn't going to go leaving me & running off back home so they can relax!! only kidding they do quite a lot for us what with taking us shopping most months as we don't have a car, also they are always inviting us round for dinner & when they get back from holiday ( they're off to Turkey on friday ) we're all going out for dinner to an indian restaurant ( the same one we got the curry from last week - yum! ). I just know they are going to be so helpful once L'il Vamp arrives too, its just a shame my mum can't drive anymore ( for medical reasons ) so she won't get to see as much of her grandson as she'd like.

Right well enough boring you lovely people, I'm off to see what these gas chappies are doing. Take care all.... Vamp x

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp
I hope you managed to get your gas connected today..it's getting colder now! But I guess you are well aware of that!
Have you got an entry on Carnivaol? I'll check it out.
lots of love Phoenix
http://journals.aol.co.uk/phoenix71011/Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Is the gas on yet? We have got gas central heating. . we only got it this year . . .its luxury! I think you are right about in laws. . .everyone seems to get on when babies come along.Your little boy is going to have so many love him.

Anonymous said...

Thought it was you in a green Jaguar today!! lol I looked at the reg and it made me laugh & of course think of you....................
V7 AMP!! sure the Jag wasn't you lol!
Julie xx