Thursday 19 October 2006

Warm & toasty tonight

As you might have guessed by the title of this little entry ( if you read my blog regularly that is )I now have the gas reconnected. The 2 guys who came last night worked very hard to ensure all was well & then another guy had to come out to make sure they had done their jobs properly & switch my meter back on ( I told him he really didn't need to put the meter on if he didn't want to, I don't mind getting free gas ). So this morning we awoke to a warm house & again tonight I came home to a nice warm house...it is so nice & you don't realise how nice it is until its gone.

Another nice thing was that I didn't have to spend all day at work today, I had an appointment with an orthopeadic surgeon. She' been asked to compile a medical report ( another one!! ) for my case against mr numpty driver dick who drove into my car back in 2003 - yes you did read that right it really was that long ago. To be honest I am getting sick of waiting for the case to go to court, when I got home I had another letter from my solicitor asking if I will accept a 75/25 split on responsibility in my favour. Now considering I have refused all other offers & that the barrister my solicitors legal firm are using has even said i'm either right or wrong - there is no middle ground so why would I accept responsibility for an accident that has taken away my mobility ( only in so far as I no longer have a car, i can't afford the double insurance while the case is still pending ). I'm pretty sure its just so my solicitors don't have to go to court, I say bring it on.

Other nice things were waiting for me at home though not just boring solicitors letters, my new kettle & toaster from speed auction tv arrived today. Sad that I find happiness in getting new kitchen appliances but as I cannot live without my coffee & also like nothing better than soup & toast for dinner on cold winter nights I don't care wether you all think I'm sad. My old kettle/toaster have definitely seen better days as they have moved with me several times over the last 10 years....so its out with the old & in with the new - even more so on saturday when my new king size bed & new bookcase arrive from argos.

Other good stuff this weekend is the next grand prix, although I am excited about the upcoming race it is also going to be a very sad occassion as this will be the very last time Schumi races in formula 1. I will probably be very emotional so expect a mixed response in my journal after the race. It is going to be very strange next year watching the races without being able to cheer him on, oh well I guess its a case of out with the old & in with the new for my racing as well.

Well thats all for tonight, except to say congratulations to all the j'landers who have been nominated for a Vivi & good luck to all of you. Before I started my own blog I had no idea how much I would enjoy becoming part of this lovely family of people from all over the place. It's so nice to know that whenever one of the j'land family is not feeling too good for whatever reason there's always a bunch of people to leave encouraging & kind comments. And its great that we can all join in with each others lives in our own little piece of cyberspace. Peace & love to you all..... Vamp x 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love getting new stuff. . .kettle, toaster.bookcase,bed. . you are really sorted with all them. I am glad your gas is back on.

Anonymous said...

Cheers vamp for your words reg parents, guess we can't pick your gene pool!
Julie xx

Anonymous said...

Good Evening Vamp
you are so right about the J-land community.....really cool  people!
Glad you are nice and warm...good innit?!
Love Phoenix