Thursday 12 October 2006

Introducing L'il Vamp

So we went along for the 20 week ( although technically 21 week ) scan today, nurse told us everything is okay - 1 head, 2 legs & 2 arms!

I had decided that as Nic can never keep  a secret I may as well know wether we are having a boy or girl, no way would i not get to find out before the birth as most of her friends & particularly her dad are the type of people who will tell you about a surprise party 3 weeks in advance. And the answer is........we are having a BOY.

I know we both wanted a girl but neither of us are disappointed, this child will get so much love from both of us that we couldn't care less if it was an alien ( although if it was an alien we'd probably take advantage & make lots of money!! ). The 2 photo's above are the first scan from 25th august & todays scan. It was amazing how much you can see, he's just like his mum because throughout the entire scan his little mouth was going non-stop, & towards the end he put his hand in his mouth - looked like he was trying to eat it. He's also very much like me as no matter what the nurse did to get him to move so she could get a decent photo for us he was having none of it, I hate having my photo taken too so whenever the camera's come out i'll hide out with l'il vamp.

After the scan we went into town & bought some little t shirts, bibs & playsuits for him ( all blue or white of course ). On the bus from the hospital to town Nic started going on about the next one being a girl.....WE HAVEN'T EVEN HAD THIS LITTLE FELLA YET!!!!!!!! The amount of hand me downs we're going to get has suddenly plummeted as most people we know have had girls & no way am I letting my son be dressed in pink.

Anyway, we are gonig into town again tomorrow to do some more shopping & today I got a phone call from argos who are delivering our new king size bed next saturday so just over a week left sleeping on the horrible old one we have now. My curry's just turned up so I'm off to have my dinner....love to you all...  Vamp x

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one Vamp...I'm dead chuffed for you! I'll have to start knitting!!
Scan pictures are brills.
Enjoy your curry.
Love Phoenix
http://journals.aol.co.uk/phoenix71011/Phoenix

Anonymous said...

How excited you must be...........L'il Vamp is a very lucky little boy.  Eileen

Anonymous said...

I am soooo pleased for you! Awww. .a little boy! I have two boys . . .boys are lovely.I enjoyed looking at him on the scan.

Anonymous said...

Aaaawwwww so chuffed for you both! great scan piccie as well!
Broodiness now switched on big time! Nice to have a boy first, older brother to look up to and all that! My little girl dotes on 6yr old brother! 20/21 weeks you have reached the halfway thru pregnancy mark! How quick has that gone!
Julie xx

Anonymous said...

Jack

Love your pictures and take this piece of very good advice from an old geezer and his now ecstatic old biddy

VALUE WHAT YOU ARE ABOUT TO RECEIVE - LOVE IT(HIM/HER) WITH A VENGEANCE AND HANG ON TIGHT TO IT - READ MY BLOG AND YOU WILL SEE WHY>  HERE'S A LINK

http://journals.aol.co.uk/nevanddoreen/familysearch

Iwish you, your partner and your scan photo a very long and happy life

NEVILLE





Anonymous said...

Congratulations on you boy!
Lori

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp,
Great that you are having a boy!!! Seeing the pictures makes it all more real!!
Kate.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/bobandkate/AnAnalysisofLife/

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Vamp! Lovely photo. A boy. How precious. Nice to visit with you. I found you at CarnivAOL while I was browsing there. Have a good week! Bea

Anonymous said...

I found you through CarnivAOL.  Congratulations on your little bundle of joy!  Children are such a blessing.  

Krissy
http://journals.aol.com/fisherkristina/SometimesIThink

Anonymous said...

Lil vamp will be a Lil Angel for sure.  And, your wife is right... go for the girl next time!  Or do what I did, 2 big brothers first, then a sweet little girl!!  Best of luck to mom and you and your baby!

I found you thru CarnivAOL.

be well,
Dawn