Sunday 8 October 2006

Christmas coming early this year

Before I get on to the title subject for this entry I just have to give my report for this morning.

So the dream is all but over, Schumi drove a great race only for his engine to let go 17 laps from the end. Alonso won the race so is now leading the championship by 10 points with 10 on the table in 2 weeks at the brazilian gp. Still possible for Michael to win if he wins the last race & Alonso doesn't score but that's not very likely. Michael's engine blow up is the first one for 5 years for him & Alonso's car is normally reliable so as he has already had an engine blow up in Monza its not too likely it will happen again. I wish Schumi could leave the sport as world champion but at the end of the day Alonso deserves the title after the way he has driven this year, anyone who can win the championship is a worthy champion because its certainly not easy. Whoever wins we have had a fantatic season of ups & downs for all concerned so hopefully we will have a great race in Brazil to end the year.

Right now that's over with - christmas....I got sainsbury's xmas gift brochure delivered with my free paper on thursday & now today with my Mail on sunday I get asda's xmas gift brochure. What is going on, its only october!! I must admit that I have already started my xmas shopping, every year I say I will get it done early but never do, however this year I have already got 4 presents & my xmas cards so doing well. There is an extra incentive this year because Nic is not going to enjoy all the pushing & shoving in the city centre in december while she's pregnant so we are trying to make sure everything is done before december. Even so I still can't believe the christmas brochures are out so early, I think they should pass a law that says no shop is allowed to have xmas displays or put out brochures until halfway through november, it kinda ruins the excitement of it all. Next year will be the best, although l'il vamp will be too young to understand it will be great for Nic & me opening all the presents for the little un.

Right well only a quick entry today, got to get back in the kitchen to cook my roast potatoes, carrots & brussels to go with the delicious leg of lamb that I have already cooked. Take care all.... Vamp x 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comment re: Jim working like a dog! ( though i think even a dog would not do what he does! ) Going to show him the comments tonight when he gets back from........WORK!
Is Nics scan this next week? Get ready to see the most amazing picture on that scan screen!
Julie xx

Anonymous said...

I got the Mail this morning too.No wonder we are glad to see the back of it.Good idea for you though to get cracking. .Nic can relax and watch the christmas films on telly instead of getting tired in the crowds.I think you are going to be a great Dad. . .I think I have already told you that? Next year with little Vamp will be magical. . .Christmas with little ones is a million times more enjoyable.

Anonymous said...

You're so right about Christmas next year.  As you get older the magic of Christmas disappears but having children to share it with brings it all back again.  My children are 5 and 3 now and really looking forward to Christmas already, I know it's going to be a wonderful day :)
Mel x