Wednesday 25 October 2006

Midweek update

I'm on lates this week so don't get time to update my blog when I get home & usually too lazy to get out of bed in the morning to update it. Today I have to go to the post office on the way to work so thought i'd better get up earlier.

Yesterday at work we managed to embarrass my friend as it was her birthday & she had been keeping it quiet but made the mistake of telling a couple of us, she had to stand up while we gave her the card & waterstone vouchers we got for her after having a little collection. I was quite annoyed doing the collection because although we all generally get on there are a few of us who are no part of the 'in crowd' & don't really have any great desire to be part of it, however we always put in when there's a collection for someone's birthday regardless of wether its their 21st or 33rd. When we did the collection last week many of the supposed in crowd claimed they only put in when it's something special like a 21st or 30th - which I will remember every time they ask me to donate in future. Don't get me wrong I'm not a petty, tight fisted old scrooge but they cannot have there way when it suits them & then change their mind when its their birthday. 

Things have been pretty quiet at home, the new bed is sooooo comfortable i never want to get out of it, mind you I have to have a ladder to climb in every night - it's so much higher than the last bed. We've been buying more baby clothes as well, they are really cute. I reckon people buy too much or get given too much as some of the stuff we've bought on ebay is brand new with the tags. It's saved a fortune on shop prices. Nic collects cows & I managed to get a set of mothercare cow sleepsuits which she absolutely loves. Her parents are on holiday in Turkey at the moment, every tie they go away they bring me something back to do with Ferrari, wether it be t-shirts, towels, or a lanyard for my id tag at work...they tx'd Nic to tell her they have bought something really cool for L'il Vamp, Nic says if it's anything to do with Ferrari she's not gonna let L'il Vamp have it!! I can just see my son in a Ferrari t-shirt with little Ferrari cap!!

Those of you that read my blog regularly are probably wondering why I didn't add any entries after this weekends race. Well to be honest its because I still am not sure how I feel, yes I'm disappointed that Schumi didn't win when he had the pace to do so easily but Alonso is a deserving champ so no sour grapes or anything. In a way I am glad Alonso was in the points because if he wasn't Michael would have soon got up to 2nd place & the n his team mate Massa would have moved aside for Michael to take the win & the championship. I would love to have seen him go out with an 8th title but Massa went on to win & become the first brazilian to win his home grand prix since the late, great Ayrton Senna back in 1993. Much as I love seeing Schumi win I always like it when we get new winners or when I see someone who hasn't won much winning their home grand prix. But now its all over, no more racing until march 18th next year. At this time of year I generally get a bit depressed as I love my racing more than anything else but this year I am struggling to sort out my feelings , Schumi has now retired so I will never get to see him race again. I have watched him racing for half my life so it is a big change, one that I guess unless you are passionate about a sport the same as me you may not understand. I am happy to see him quit while he's still able to challenge for wins & if you saw the race on sunday you will know just how amazing he is behind the wheel ( he may not have won but his drive was truly awe inspiring ), I would hate to have seen him struggling on in mid-field or at the back as that would only destroy his image & reputation. So I am sad to see him go but also glad he's got out alive without any major injuries. I will probably still get up in the early hours to watch the first race next year but will have to see if I will do the same later in the year.

Anyway its that time again, gotta get ready for work so I can get to the post office before going to work. Take it easy people, nearly halfway to the weekend again... Vamp x 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog off and on since you first found out the baby was coming. Congratulations that it's a boy!  A wonderful experience is in store!  Just a hint about the baby clothes...  don't buy a lot of tiny sizes.  They're only in them a few weeks to a month.  They jump into the 3 - 6 month size quick!  At least here in the U.S. the sizes are like that.  I do enjoy reading your blog.  It's so fun to hear a man's point of view.  You better print this out, bind it and save it until he's 16 and yelling, "You never really wanted me!"  You can then toss this at him and laugh...  "Ya, well read this!"  God bless you, Nic and your soon to be born son.
Hugs,  Kathy