Tuesday 17 October 2006

Cold heating-less tuesday

I am sitting here in my cold house waiting for the gas engineer.

Last friday we had a letter shoved through our door ( not literally, they used the letterbox ) advising us that they were laying new gas pipes outside & would need access to the house on monday to switch off the gas, so they tell us on friday afternoon & expect us to just tell work to get stuffed because the gas people need access. Yeah Right! So monday rolls around & just as I'm about to leave for work the engineer knocks on my door - I tell him he has 2 minutes otherwise he'll have to wait for Nic to come home at 3.30, so he agrees to come back at 3.30. I get home last night at 6pm - nobody's been. Today Nic gets home & there's a knock at the door - 'you're gas is off' - at this point Nic kicks off saying he should have done this yesterday, she tells him we need the heating on tonight & he reckons he'll make a phone call to see if he can - then buggers off. I called the emergency gas leak number when I got home because there was no answer on any other number, now waiting for an engineer to come out & see if there is any gas in the pipes, if so great we can have heating - if not, tough.

Now I have explained to the nice guy in the call centre that I am asthmatic & the cold effects my asthma so I need heating, also that Nic is pregnant so needs heating, do they care? Do they hell. I can tell you this, the guy that comes out to check if we can have the gas on had better hope that he can sort it cos otherwise he's gonna be facing one seriously pi$$ed off man!

Other than this today's been pretty uneventful, typical tuesday, went to work, came home again. Last night was busy, mum & sister got the cards with the scan piccies in so was talking to them on the phone & both can talk for hours. Still they're both really happy & excited now they know its a boy, my sister has 2 boys so she's got lots of stuff to hand down to her  nephew. Nic's aunt lives near my sister so she said she will bring some of the stuff up to coventry when she comes up next month. Nic's mum & dad have offered to buy us a pram so even more money saved, they went looking at prams in toys r us on sunday ( would've been nice if they'd taken us with them but maybe next time ). This little chap is going to be spoilt rotten, i can see we're going to have to be careful though, shopping last week we were looking at the baby stuff & could easily spend all my entire savings in less than an hour.

Right well I'm off for a shower to warm myself up, then its time to find something to eat ( even though I've already had 3 samosa's & a slice of stollen tonight - I can't help it I love my food ). Talking of food Nic's mum has made me a fruit cake again, she makes great cakes & knows how much I love them so I always get one just for me, what a greedy pig I am but I don't care. Take care dear j'landers & if you hear reports on the news of any fires in coventry tonight its probably just me trying to keep warm... Vamp x

No comments: