Monday 27 November 2006

Monday blues

I lay in bed this morning listening to the rain beating down & thinking, I'll drive to work today. As ithappens the rain stopped by the time I pulled myself out of bed so I did the sensible thing & walked, it'd take me just as long to drive as walk with the shift I'm on this week. I might drive tomorrow though just because I can!

Of course I had to tell everyone at work that I'd got a new car, christ if this is what I'm like with a car imagine how boring I'll be when my son arrives. Everyone's gonna be 'sorry i'm really busy'. Still what do I care, i make it my job to wind people up now so it'll be no different when L'il Vamp's here, just a change of subject. Talking of work, I've got a training workshop on thursday, really not looking forward to that. I work for an american company & their training methods are very american, ie patronising & insulting to people who've been in the industry for 20 years. Don't get me wrong, this sort of thing possibly works in america but I'm not in america. If I was to tell a customer 'i feel your pain' they'd think I was taking the piss. Its nearly december though so better not complain too much, we usually get an advent calendar from the boss, it may not be much but its the little things that make life more enjoyable.

I got an invite from my friend at work today, she's getting married next april & had a nice invitation to the evening party. I told her Nic wouldn't like it cos she put Nicky & not Nic....but I gotta tell you, I really don't think we can go.....Only me & Nic have been invited - WHAT ABOUT MY SON??? Only kidding N, you know I will be there if I can!! I think she's the only friend of mine that actually reads this  - or should I say, the only pre-j'land friend as I feel I have loads more friends now.

before I go I just wanted to pass on some bad news, all those that like Animal from the muppets may want to stop reading now. It is my sad duty to inform you that Animal has been found savaged by a wild beast, & it gets worse...I have to take some responsibility for this tragedy. You see when we were sorting out the back room we found Animal ( another great freebie from mcdonalds - well they have to give you something for eating that crap ), Bailey instantly took a liking to him ( or should that be disliking )& has since kicked him, threw him around, chewed him & generallyabused the poor thing. I guess the only good thing about this is that at least it wasn't one of my Garfields, then Bailey would have really been in trouble. If anybody wishes to contribute to Animal's private medical costs during his recovery please email me for the address to send cheques to!!!

Anyway, monday's nearly over so things can only get better. Until next time, take care ...VampJack x

 

 

No comments: