Sunday 12 November 2006

Okay, okay so I've been neglecting my journal again this week. Actually i've had a few things going on that have been dragging me down so I just haven't felt like doing anything else. My solicitor called & wants me to go to liverpool to meet with the barrister that will represent me in court, now I know that meeting with him will give me a better cjance in court but I can't get a day off to go up to liverpool & a day off for court - & i've got to be in court on friday. I must admit for the first time since the accident in 2003 I am not feeling as confident about my chances of winning, I know that I was driving correctly & the other numpty is totally at fault I just don't feel that my solicitor has done her job properly. As the solicitor was provided by my insurance company I can't afford to sack her & get someone better. Don't get me wrong, yes i'm out of pocket thanks to numpty dickhead driver person ( who shall remain nameless for legal reasons, maybe i'll name & shame in a later entry ), I missed out on lots of overtime  - I was taking home at least £250 per month overtime before the accident, also I have no car & so have lost my freedom as I don't have the money to use public transport to go all over the country. Before the accident I would regularly drive some where at weekends & on holidays to visit friends & relatives or just go for days out with Nic & friends. The thing that really winds me up is that I have money for another car but until this is sorted I can't afford to insure the another car, its gonig to cost between £300-£750 EXTRA insurance a year unless I am cleared of any responsibilty for the crash & I just don't have that kind of money, particularly now L'il Vamp is on the way. I would be happy for the court to clear my name on friday even if I didn't get any compensation ( although that would be nice & most welcome ), at least then I could look at buying another car ( if we were having quintuples Kia would have given us there new people carrier for free - mind you I think I'd be looking to jack daniels to help me cope so wouldn't be able to drive it!! ). So wish me luck for friday.

Not done a lot else this week to be honest, work, work & more work. Mind you we did go to wellesbourne market yesterday, didn't get to spend the time there that we wanted as at 11.40 Nic's dad told us he wanted to  get back for 12.30 ( 40 minute journey ) cos he wanted to watch the horse racing. Why couldn't he have said something sooner, we'd have made sure we got everything done we wanted but no, that would be far too easy. Did manage to get myself a new pair of boots though, black ones with steel toe caps ( not essential but they cost less than my usual boots without steel toe caps )...so maybe if things don't go my way in court on friday I can give someone a good kicking - I am joking by the way so please don't start phoning the police just yet.

Not long got  back from town, Nic's decided she wants to start cooking christmas biscuits & sweets so we've had to go out & buy peppermint essence, a rolling pin, cookie cutters & lots more good stuff. I might even be able to get in the kitchen myself for half hour to make my delicious mince pies with sweet pastry. My dad's a chef so both my sister & I were taught to cook as soon as we could reach the cooker. So if anyone's in Coventry pop in for some nice treats & a coffee.

The good news is that Nic only has to get her dad's present & a little extra for her mum, which she will get when she goes shopping with her friend this week or next. I just need to get my nephews a couple of books which I may ask my sister to get as I am having trouble finding them here in cov, other than that Nic wants some dvd's & that is it - FOR ONCE MY XMAS SHOPPING IS DONE BEFORE DECEMBER!!! It is such a relief knowing there's no running around on 24th december. I've been saving my tesco vouchers too so next month I will get tesco to deliver my groceries & will have about £30 in vouchers to use. I'm still waiting for something to go wrong because I am never this organised, but fingers crossed this year will be so much easier than previous years.

Well that's it for today, I promise I will try & make more regular entries but with the court case on friday this week may well be another week without adding an entry until the weekend. Take care all.... VampJack x

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you all the luck in the world, both of you deserve some happiness.  Be sure to send me some of those cookies xxx
lynbo x

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp
good luck on Friday....I will keep everything crossed for you and think positive thoughts!
The sweets sound lovely....can I give you my address?.....they'd only be cheap to post!
Can't believe you've finished your Christmas shopping...I haven't even started!
love Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Good luck in court and hope you win. . even if you dont it will come to an end and you can move on.You two are going to be able to put your feet up in December. . .all your shopping is done.Its a great feeling knowing you dont have to rush about on Christmas Eve.