Sunday 6 August 2006

Tears are falling.....

I will apologise now for those of you who have no interest in F1, but it's my journal & I will write about what moves me.

So after the penalties handed out to Alonso & Schumi I was not expecting much, if we could take mor epoints from Alonso's lead I would accept whatever we could do, even 1 point may make all the difference. But then came race day - pouring rain in the morning meant this race was wide open. Schumi & Alonso both made fantastic starts but Alonso definitely had the better tyres & quickly passed Michael. Okay I thought so maybe Alonso will extend his lead here, then Michael dropped further back down the grid, obviously his tyres weren't working at all. Then all of a sudden after his last stop Alonso slows, he stops, he's out of the car!! YEEEESSSSSS! I was screaming so hard I nearly lost my voice. If w could take 2nd. or 3rd or 4th,...it's all points taken away from Alonso's lead - but no, Michael desperately ties hanging onto position with tyres that are completely shot. If only he had thought, okay so if I let the others by, maybe we can salvage 4th place & take 5 points away from Alonso but no, he tries too hard to stay in 2nd, then 3rd & eventually has to retire. WHY? We had 4th in the bag, Alonso's lead would be down to 6 points instead of 11.

But, & this is the cause of my tears - Jenson button won his first grand prix! I have been a fan of Jenson for some time ( okay he's not Schumi but who is ), back in 2003 I won  a competition to visit the BAR factory & meet some of the team. Already being a jenson fan this only strengthened my supoport for them & today we finally got the reward. Some of you may not understand the emotion of seeing someone win but if it's in your heart as it is with me then today is a day to celebrate. Forget the fact that Schumi was an idiot & threw away 5 points, today we celebrate Jenson getting the monkey off his back.

I have been a Schumacher fan for many years & never waivered in my support even when he wasn't winning, but when he won for Ferrari in 2000 after 5 long years I admit I cried my eyes out until they were ferrari red!, today may not quite have the same impact but yes, today I shed a tear after seeing Jenson finally take to the top step.

WELL DONE JENSON!

And here's to many more wins.

As far as the Alonso/Schumacher battle goes, today was stalemate - neither driver gaining points so we have to wait until we get to Turkey in 3 weeks time for hostilities to recommence. Forza Ferrari!! 5 races to go & may the best man win ( I like Alonso but the best man is definitely Schumacher ).

On a different note it looks like Angel & Bailey are starting to get on, they still hiss at each other but it is now more as an afterthought. Poor Bailey, he ran & hid behind the lounge door after my screaming at the tv during todays race. he'll have to get used to it though it does happen 18/19 times a year!!

Bye for now, I'm off to have a lie down & recover.... Vamp x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vamp...no idea wot you're on about but glad you're happy! Eyes red like Farrari...lol!
I have a friend who works at Mclaren...does that count? and I had a crush on a boy who's father owned the Lotus factory!
trying really hard to get onto my blog at the moment but can't seem to do it!
Love Phoenix

Anonymous said...

Hubby got a bit emotional over Jenson winning as well, he was glued to the screen, f1 is a major thing in his life as well.
I've read almost every Lee Child book going so will be getting this one as well, I just can't decide who would play Reacher if they ever made a film(s), maybe you'll think of some one and we can pester hollywood lol, Kerry