Thursday 31 August 2006

Thursday

I'm not in a very good mood today, Nic's cough has been keeping both of us awake so I am very tired, & a tired me is an irritable me.

Makes it worse being on late shifts this week, I don't like late shifts. Today was very busy at work, we had a 3 hour team meeting & because of this I had loads of files to clear. Needless to say the files didn't all get worked. Normally I will push to do as many as I can, we have set amounts of files to clear to get certain PR scores - these count towards our overall PR score that goes towards deciding what kind of pay rise we get. Over the last few months I have been consistently getting 5's every day ( rating is 1 - 5, 1 being lowest ), now they have decided that as most of us are getting 5's every day they should increase the amount we have to clear to qualify for better scores. Nothing unusual about that you say, most companies rasie the bar to push the staff....our bar has been raised so high that should I keep clearing at the same rate I have been i will get a 1....yes that's right, a 1, the lowest grade of all. Where is the justification in that? I feel so demoralised now that I have no inclination to push myself any more. One of the women I work with even accused those of us that get 5's of being the cause of the increased levels - needless to say she is one of the slackers who only gets a 3 at best.

Anyway enough of my moaning, on a more positive note I have finally finished Black House which means I have started 'The Hard Way ' by Lee Child. So far it is a brilliant book, just like all his others. Only problem is I will quickly finish this book as I can't put it down the n I will have to wait until next year for his next book. Still at least I have loads of other books to read.

I may have mentioned that we thought Nic's aunt was going to be quite excited about the baby, the due date is 22nd feb, her aunts birthday is 21st feb. Every time we see her she's always asking us when we're gonna have kids so we were expecting a favourable response - wrong! Nic called her yesterday & the response was ' well I don't know wether to be happy for you or disappointed in you' ...well thanks a fu**ing lot. Nic was really unhappy after speaking to her, normally at xmas we all go to Nic's parents for xmas day but at this time we both feel like giving it a miss this year & having a quiet xmas at home. If they can't be happy for us then they don't deserve to share in our happiness.

Right gotta go cos still need to have a shower. Take care & come back soon... Vamp x 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know what your hospital policy is but on your 20 week scan, but if you want to know, they might be able to tell you what you are expecting, they told my daughter they were about 90% certain it was a boy.
£5.00 is a lot for a scan photo, our hospital charged us only £2.00, i can't see why it's so expensive, but they are great to have
hope Nic feels better soon, it's rotten feeling ill while your pregnant
kerry

Anonymous said...

Well you wanted someone to read your journal,so i have.I dont work myself anymore as i have now retired.Reading about your job,its seems to me to be very stressful,all those team meetings,thank god i had non of that in all my years of working.I have been trying to work out what your job is,i think you work in a hospital,yes/no.I see you like to listen to Iron Maiden. I met them when they were first starting out.They were going to do their first rearly big concert/gig at, i think it was at Hamersmith Pallis.They were very nervous,as up to that time they had only performed in small venues,anyway they need not of worried,they went on from there to become the success they are today.Jim.