Saturday 5 August 2006

That saturday feeling

The weekend is finally here!

This week has dragged a bit but I think thats because of the lack of sleep following Bailey's first night here, I'm still tired now. Had one of those 'why me' moments today, got up first thing so I could go town before the quali for f1 - made a cup of coffee ( without which I cannot start the day )...but the milk was off. WHY ME? I can cope with most things but only once I have my first cup of coffee each day, it really is not fair.

 

I decided to treat myself in town & bought 4 books from waterstones, the new Lee Child hardback cos it was half price ( one of the best authors i have read, check him out if you haven't already ), and they were doing 3 for 2 on paperbacks so i got 'The almond blossom appreciation society' by Chris Stewart ( his third book about his family's move to Las Alpujarras, south of Granada ), 'The brightonomicon' by Robert Rankin, definitely the funniest author on the face of the planet & 'I know you got soul' by Jeremy Clarkson. I usually buy a lot of my books second hand because I read so much that it would definitely cost more than my measly income to buy them all new but today i was feeling a little reckless!! I like to share my enthusiasm for particular books & authors as some of my best finds have been on the advice of others. So with todays purchases I have 21 books that i have yet to read, I can't help myself I sometimes see a book & just have to buy it. I also use the library so I always have unread books at home, I can think of nothing worse than wanting to read a book only to find you have read everything - thats my justification for book buying & I'm sticking to it.

I bought the first items for our baby this week, I was checking out ebay for more garfield items as i collect all Garfield stuff & i found a Garfield baby feeding set & toddler cup. As nic is quite superstitious about having baby stuff here we will get our friend to look after them until nearer the time. I still can't believe we will get our first look at the baby on 31st august at the first scan, it seemed like so far off when the appointment was made but all of a sudden here we are already on 5th august & the appointment is fast approaching. My sister has already made me promise to email her the picture from the scan so i may end up putting the picture on here for you all to see.

We let Bailey out when we got back home ( well Nic did, I was busy watching the quali but more about that later ), we ended up having to shout him as he just disappeared. Luckily we found him but he was wandering around on the railway at the back of our house, he's okay but definitely going to have to keep an eye on him. He still hisses at Angel & she returns the hissing but they are starting to accept each other. Last night for the first time they were both eating at the same time, so far they've eaten at different times to avoid having to be near each other. Nic told me they also had a bit of a sniff of each other while I was at work on thursday so things are looking good. Our friend E's just been round to pick nic up so they can go shopping together & Bailey was all over her wanting fuss, he really is the fussiest cat I have ever known. I thought i'd lost him on thursday morning, came downstairs before work & couldn't find him anywhere. I thought he might have snuck out when nic left for work. Just as I had tx'd Nic to ask if she saw him on her way out I heard him meowing - the little devil had jumped up on top of our kitchen cupboards, I bet he'd been watching me wander around calling him all morning.

Nic's out shopping with E at the moment, best let them get on with it. E is the friend who split with her boyfriend the other month & has just found out he is seeing someone else now. Much as I love them both I can see this is going to be awkward for a while as me and J go out for a drink quite often but he also comes to our house for a drink or bbq's. Nic & E are best friends & although J is also one of Nic's best friends I know Nic is likely to side with E & not give J's new gf a fair chance yet. Its always a shame when friends relationships break up as there's always someone who gets pushed out of the circle of friends either directly or because their new partner doesn't get a fair chance with the friends of the old partner.

Anyone an F1 fan out there? I cannot believe todays qualifying, not only does Alonso get 2 seconds added for dangerous driving yesterday ( which I have to admit i think is harsh but what he did was very dangerous & as a champion he should be setting a better example - yet another incident that shows he's cracking under the pressure ) but nowSchumi gets 2 seconds added as well. According to the stewards Alonso was punished 1 second added to his time for each of the 2 incidents yesterday, yet Schumi makes one mistake of overtaking under red flag conditions this morning ( 1 error ) & he gets the same punishment as Alonso got for very dangerous driving??!!! And according to Schumi the video evidence of his transgression today is available for others to view, implying that Alonso deliberately caused Schumi to overtake him...looks like this battle's going to run & run until the end of the season. Still, at least we are ahead of Alonso for tomorrow.

Think i might make a start on listing some of my old books & video's on ebay, I really need to clear a lot of stuff out before the arrival of the baby.

Take care of yourselves & enjoy the rest of the weekend... Vamp x

   

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Been away for a few days so have just caught up on your news. Welcome to Bailey he looks lovely and will settle down soon. Better get all your sleep in now soon a lie in will be a thing of the past :-)